Archived Old News
May 10, 2022 - New missions (2015)
May 9, 2022 - New missions (2014, 2015)
May 8, 2022 - New missions (2014)
May 6, 2022 - New missions (2013, 2014)
May 5, 2022 - New missions (2013)
April 30, 2022 - New missions (2013)
April 29, 2022 - New missions, updates
April 28, 2022 - New missions, caught up with T3
April 25, 2022 - New Missions
April 22, 2022 - Screens work again
- I managed to fix all the screenshot pages (like I did at the Keep)
- I also slightly widened the thumbnails (both here and the Keep) since the right edges were slighly getting cut off
April 21, 2022 - DATABASE!
- After several more hours, I managed to update the mission archive to come from a MySQL database!
- After doing the conversion at the Keep a few weeks ago, I was much faster this time around
- Now you can enter a search term, such as "2010", "Bikerdude", or "contest"
- Now I'll get to work on updating the past 10 years worth of missions!
- Updated TDM Campaign No Honor Among Thieves by Bikerdude and others
- Updated TDM FM Vengeance for a Thief 1: The Angel's Tear by Sir Taffsalot
April 20, 2022 - UPDATES
- After several hours, most of the web-base now matches the Keep, yay!
- Pages are a bit wider, tables have a bit of inverse highlighting as you browse, etc
April 19, 2022 - UPDATES
- I've been working on updating The Keep for the past month, now it's Shadowdark's turn
- Over the next few weeks or so I hope to fix up a lot of underlying website code, and implement a database for the missions archive
September 16, 2012 - New FM
- Shadowhide has released a new mission called Deceptive Shadows
September 6, 2012 - New FM
- Sir Taffsalot has released a new mission called Vengeance for a Thief Part 1: A Pawn in the Game
June 25, 2012 - New Komag Tutorial Video
- I fired up DarkRadiant recently and made this tutorial that covers the basics of Visportals: how they work, what they do, where to use them, etc. It's not comprehensive, but it gives an introduction to the concept and some examples.
- KomagTutTDM Visportals (720-30p 640MB, 14:13, 6mbps)
- KomagTutTDM Visportals (720-30p 147MB, 14:13, 2mbps)
June 21, 2012 - minor update
- I cleaned up a few pages, rearranged some file orders, updated some files (such as DarkRadiant), etc
- By the way, I still have a couple sets of Komag DVDs left if anyone wants to donate and get one
May 18, 2012 - One last time - Komag DVDs Until May 31!
- "FINAL" FINAL KOMAG DVDS, UNTIL MAY 31!!!
- I've gone through and gotten rid of a bunch of bloated "waste of space" files, and added many gigabytes of new FMs, to make one more FINAL Final offering of Komag DVDs - the set is Eight (8) FULL DVDs as before, but this time they are more "dense" or relevant
- Fully FIVE of the DVDs are pure FMs. The other three DVDs are tons of other Thief stuff, like editing, loaders, videos, Dark Mod, tutorials, developer journals, T2X, patches, walkthroughs, soundtracks, etc etc etc
- If you want to get a set before they're gone forever, CLICK HERE (link removed)
- PS - I offered a "Final" set back in July 2009, and many people have been asking for them in the years since, so I updated everything to offer one last set, and this time I mean it! With two young kids I don't have time for this DVD stuff anymore, but I want to keep the website up and running, so the funds will go for that.
May 17, 2012 - Added All Dark Mod FMs!
- Added over 60 Dark Mod FMs! Woohoo!
May 16, 2012
- Added two new FMs - The Garden of the Wizard, and Thief's Rising (which is an 8 mission pack!)
April 10, 2012 - Caught up T3 FMs!
- Added all the Thief 3 missions that were released (that I know of) through today, including the full Cabal campaign
- Added a second DATE column in the archive, for when missions get updated
March 29, 2010 - Komag Tutorial HD Videos!
- Get them all here or on the Videos page
- Installing Doom 3 (720-30p 244MB, 17:03, 6mbps)
- Installing The Dark Mod (720-30p 112MB, 13:26, 6mbps)
- Installing DarkRadiant (720-30p 56MB, 9:13, 6mbps)
- Your First Two Rooms (720-30p 232MB, 24:52, 6mbps)
- Updated DarkRadiant to the latest version 1.2.1
Nov 11, 2009 - The Dark Mod!   Dark Radiant Contest!
- I'm terribly late to the party, but for those of you who live in a cave, The Dark Mod was released!!! Woohoo!
- Head over to the newly revamped Downloads page for all the juicy goods
- Join the Dark Mod Grand Christmas FM Contest!
- Learn from Fidcal's beginner Tutorial
- Check back here over the next weeks for my Komag Tutorial HD Videos series!
- The first one is up - Installing Doom 3 (720-30p 244MB, 17:03, 6mbps)
- Here's an older SD tutorial - Ceiling Arches (856x480 154MB, 6:49, 3mbps)
- I'll be updating the mission archive soon with the first Dark Mod FMs
Sept 10, 2009
- Updated All the World's a Stage to version 1.1, by Rantako
March 27, 2009 - Videos Page
- I've made a new Videos page, containing all the Dark Mod development videos I've made over the past couple years.
Some of the videos focus on bug testing, others in demonstrating some specific editing or gameplay aspect. Overall I think they provide a little bit of an "inside look" at just a few of the many MANY things the Dark Mod team has spent TONS of time working on these past years!
March 26, 2009 - Dark Mod Videos! New FMs!
- DarkRadiant Tutorial video - I'm planning to make a full series of Dark Mod editing tutorial videos, and this first "test" has to do with how to use patches to make an arched ceiling intersection:
Good quality version - komagtut_arches_3m.wmv (154MB, 6:49, 3mbps)
Low quality version - komagtut_arches_1m.wmv (52MB, 6:49, 1mbps)
- Dark Mod Island video - A quick demo map I made in a couple hours, showing that a very large extensive outdoor area can work if kept somewhat simple (although one could do more than is shown and still be okay):
komagisland.wmv (21MB, 55sec, 3mbps, music - Tangerine Dream)
- New T3 FM - Keeper, by Savar. This mission is based on the original South Quarter.
- New T3 FM - Hotel, by Savar. This mission is based on the original Garrett Building.
- Updated Avoiding Mistrust, by DarkDragon. Fixed a bracelet and a book and added German and Italian translations.
- Adjusted M column (megabytes) in FM Archive - removed decimal
- Updated Komag DVDs
October 21, 2008 - Dark Mod: The Tears of Saint Lucia!
- Broken Glass Studios is proud to present a new demo mission for The Dark Mod!
"The Tears of St. Lucia" is a complete and fully-packaged mission. All you need to be able to play it is an updated copy of Doom3.
The map for this mission is at least five times larger than our previous demo, "Thief's Den", and is on par with the map sizes of Thief: Deadly Shadows. It showcases many features that were not present in our first demo, including the purchase menu, flashbombs, swimmable water and AI conversations.
This map demonstrates the progress that has been made on The Dark Mod over the past eight months or so since our last demo. Although the mod itself is still not ready for release, I think you will be impressed with how beautiful and immersive this map is. Although there are still some bugs and unfinished features, it is an excellent example of what fan missions for The Dark Mod will be like.
Please visit our Wiki page for download instructions.
- That's the official announcement. Let me just add a couple notes of my own:
- You'll find downloads (including a torrent) on the Dark Mod Wiki page, or get the mission now by clicking HERE (427 MB - 448,022,880 bytes) (link removed)
- You'll definitely want to review the notes on how to play (since there are some new features and abilities which you need). You can read them HERE (link removed)
- You can actually start making your own Dark Mod maps using the expanded resources from Saint Lucia! For more info about the editor "Dark Radiant", click HERE (link removed)
Sept 25, 2008 - Rope Arrow Physics!
- Some folks over at the TTLG Thief forums were wondering and wishing that they could have ropes that moved which you could ride on, but they figured it just wasn't possible in Dromed. So I hammered together some stuff to see how it might work in Dark Mod. I made a (slightly long) video:
- TDMroperide.wmv (1m52s, 26.7MB)
There are quite a few bugs and odd behavior which I didn't record, so at this point it's not very fool-proof. But it's exciting and fun to imagine the prospects for cool Thiefy gameplay in the future (imagine a complex factory or giant clocktower!).
August 29, 2008 - New Missions!
- New T3 FM - Avoiding Mistrust, by DarkDragon. "...a gathering has been organized at the City Watch's Captain's newly constructed mansion."
- Updated Lord Raven's Mansion, by DarkDragon. "Lord Raven... A new noble with a fresh supply of Loot..."
June 4, 2008
- New T3 FM - Valley, by Flux. This (updated) version supports multiple languages. "It's a Pagan mission in outdoor/caves/ruins settings." See screenshots
May 1, 2008
- Updated Lord Julian's Labyrinth, to v1.1. This fixes some major bugs, such as not being able to save/load!
Apr 26, 2008
- New T3 FM - Lord Julian's Labyrinth, by massimilianogoi. This is a small simple mission he made to prove he could "finish something".
April 4, 2008 - Guard Drop!
- Last one, I promise! I found a bug/limit to Doom 3, it can only handle so many ragdolls on screen it seems. After about 180 (I counted), they sorta freeze up. Take a look:
- NewBarrels6_80x.wmv (14 MB, 59 sec)
- NewBarrels6_40x.wmv (28 MB, 119 sec)
March 28, 2008 - Barrel Drop!
- I've been toying around with some special Dark Mod (Doom 3) settings, FRAPS, and a whole lotta barrels.
I did a couple vids last summer that were extremely choppy, so I sped them up a ton to try to smooth them out:
- barreldrop32X.wmv (1 MB, 6 sec)
- barreldrop32X2.wmv (1 MB, 8 sec)
But recently I found a way to force the engine to draw every frame, thus smoothing everything out!
- NewBarrels1_20x.wmv (5 MB, 28 sec)
- NewBarrels2_20x.wmv (5 MB, 21 sec)
better lighting added:
- NewBarrels3_20x.wmv (8 MB, 34 sec)
added more barrels for a total of 2000, and added some building models for scale:
- NewBarrels4_20x.wmv (8 MB, 35 sec)
- NewBarrels5_20x.wmv (7 MB, 30 sec)
Feb 15, 2008
- Updated Cabot, to v2. This adds German, Russian, and Italian translations, and a fixes a loot percentage bug on Expert.
Feb 9, 2008
- Updated Unknown Temple, now it installs normally with no extra steps, easy peasy!
Feb 8, 2008
- New T3 Demo FM - Unknown Temple, by Judith. This small demo mission shows off a cool new cubemap method to reflect the surroundings. While the map uses Garrettloader to install, you also have to do some manual installation steps, so be sure to read the specific instructions.
Feb 7, 2008
- Updated Silence to v1.1. CrackedGear has added new areas, textures, story elements, and has fixed bugs and improved performance.
- Added Thief's Den to the regular FM Archive page.
- More upcoming shots of a mission, by Tazonne
- New Upcoming FM - a mission, by imperialreign
- New Upcoming FM - a mission, by Beleg C�thalion
January 24, 2008 - Sabotaged Links at TTLG
- It has come to my attention that many of the links posted recently on the ttlg.com Thief forums pointing to this site and to KeepofMetalandGold.com (posted there by Shadak who is helping out the with the sites lately) have been sabotaged to point to http://www.ttlg.com/forums/magicbeans. This is unfortunate and disappointing.
What's happening is this - the links are being edited by someone at the forums with the authorization to edit others' posts. In the Thief Fan Mission forum for instance, the moderators epithumia and Nightwalker could do it, but I'm quite certain it's neither of them. That leaves the TTLG Forum Admins: Gingerbread Man and David.
C'mon guys. You banned me over a year and half ago. Are you ever going to let it go? I'm sure someone has gotten a nice little snicker out of this quaint trick, but I suggest that it's time to let bygones be bygones, as I have. Links about the recent missions being hosted are for the forum users' benefit, and I would humbly ask you to please leave them be. That's reasonable, isn't it?
- EDIT - The links all appear to be fixed now, thank you.
Jan 21, 2008
- New Upcoming (but possibly stillborn) FM Back to Basics, by bobrpggamer. He's looking for someone who can possibly finish it for him (see the ttlg.com Thief 3 Editing forum for info).
Jan 18, 2008 - Dark Mod: Thief's Den!
- Here is the "official" press release:
Broken Glass Studios is proud to present Thief's Den, a short alpha demo of The Dark Mod. Thief's Den is just a few rooms but it is a complete, fully playable mission, and includes a good selection of the main Dark Mod features. Keep in mind that The Dark Mod is still a work in progress and this is reflected in the demo. Voices are temporary placeholders, for example, and AI behaviour is not yet fully developed. You will certainly find bugs and glitches but we hope that doesn't spoil your enjoyment too much.
Any flaws or failings in this demo do not necessarily indicate limitations in The Dark Mod's potential but just this particular demo - which was originally begun as a very rough accompaniment to a mission development tutorial. It was never intended for release as a playable mission but was modified into a workable game so everyone could see the current state of progress and have some fun.
Instructions for installing the alpha can be found here:
Further gameplay info:
Dark Radiant info, for anyone who is smitten and would like to look into TDM mapping:
Without further delay, here are the links!
Jan 13, 2008
- Updated Hearts and Minds to the uncompressed version (the compressed version didn't work as it had never actually been tested before release)
Jan 12, 2008 - Another New Mission!
- New T3 FM Hearts and Minds, by Ziemanskye. You can see some screenshots here
Jan 11, 2008 - New Mission!
- New T3 FM Cabot, by Flux. You can see some screenshots here
December 28, 2007 - Dark Mod Contest, HELP!
- The Dark Mod is the future of Thief FMs. Right now they are in a major contest for best mod in the world! YOU CAN HELP!!! Here is a quote from their development team:
- Update on the moddb contest: As I write this, TDM is #40! Wow! The top 5 is in sight, but we need your help to make it there!
We made it into the top 100 thanks to everyone who voted before. But now there's a second round of voting, in which previous votes are not automatically counted. So if you want to help us out, please vote again!
As for how to vote in this second round, it (confusingly) can't be done from The Dark Mod's own page on moddb. You have to go here:
Scroll down to "Best Upcoming Mods & Indie Games of 2007" - it's a few screens down the page. Click on "Doom III" to expand it, and then click the "click here to vote" button next to The Dark Mod.
As before, votes from registered users count for a lot more than anonymous votes, so please log in to moddb if you have an account. Or create one if you don't have one (it's free).
Thanks for your support! And if we do get into the top 5, well... I'm sure we would find some way to express our gratitude.
December 26, 2007
- Fixed the download file for The Crypt.
December 19, 2007 - New Mission!
- New T3 FM Silence, by CrackedGear.
August 30, 2007 - New Mission!
- New T3 FM Bad Feeling, by Serge. This is the English version of the mission (there is a Russion-only version which I don't carry)
- Updated T3 FM The Oldstone Castle, by Tiens. This just adds a German translation, the mission is unchanged.
July 24, 2007
- New Upcoming screens:
a mission by Tazonne (tons of new ones)
a mission by imperialreign (all new ones)
a test by Gestalt (the one screen is new)
a mission by AsyluM (all new ones)
The Cabal by Judith (all new ones)
June 10, 2007
- Updated T3 FM Creature Clash Thief 3 v3, by Dark Arrow. This just adds Italian and German translations, the level hasn't changed any from v2.
April 12, 2007 - New Mission!
- New T3 FM The Oldstone Castle, by Tiens
Feb 10, 2007
- New Upcoming screens:
a mission by Aristed (a few new ones)
Litton Grange by GlasWolf (last one is new)
Crystal Clear Conscience 2 by Judith (a few new ones)
Bad Feeling by Serge (many new ones)
a mission by Tazonne (all new!)
Jan 29, 2007
- I've replaced some of the FMs with newer versions that have smaller file sizes (due to better compression - you'll need the latest GarrettLoader to play them). Otherwise they are the same as before, so if you've already played them, sorry there's nothing new.
Aug 6, 2006
- I've updated the Komag DVDs page to help fix a copyright issue.
July 8, 2006 - The Dark Mod Teaser Trailer 2!
- The wizards over at The Dark Mod have released a new teaser trailer hilighting some incredible progress on the project. It's really starting to shape up and look like Thief!
- Download the trailer Here, and enjoy!
- Download the older first teaser trailer Here. By comparison it doesn't show much at all, but I still get a big kick out of the message toward the end, hehe.
June 28, 2006
- New Upcoming screens:
Blackbrook Campaign by Dark Arrow
Crystal Clear Conscience 2 by Judith
Hollinsgate by joebarnin
a mission by Flecha das Sombras
a mission by Tithian
a mission by Aristed
Keeper Secrets by Martin Karne
June 24, 2006
- New FM The Bridge by str8g8. It's over 90 MB, so be sure your internet connection can handle it!
- My apologies for the delay in getting this mission out on time. It's a truly great one, so get it and play it now!
- I've updated the Authors page with a few recent authors. If you're an author and your information is incomplete, please let me know so I can update it, thanks.
June 14, 2006 - Updated Komag DVD
- All the Thief 3 FMs don't fit on a single CDR anymore (over 750meg now), so I've removed the option to get a Komag CD TDS with just the missions.
- I've added a good 3D modeling program on Komag DVD TDS you can use to work with T3Ed to make custom meshes for objects, terrain, etc.
- See the Komag DVDs page for details.
Mar 7, 2006 - New GL, New FMs, Contest 7
- First off, potterr has released a shiny new version of GarrettLoader, v1.31! Head over to the Downloads page to download either the new full install version or the upgrade version (for taffers who have already been using v1.23).
- New FM Evicted by Nomad. This was released elsewhere with problems last month, but now that it's been updated I'm putting it up here.
- New FM Crystal Clear Conscience by Judith. This was also released last week with minor problems, but a final version may be a long time coming so I decided to make it available here as well.
- Okay, now for the news you've been waiting for, Contest 7!
- Well, I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news - it's been cancelled. Yep, completely cancelled, due to almost total lack of interest and participation. :-(
- However, this dark cloud in Small FM Contest history does have a silver lining - There was one entry completed and it looks to be quite a gem at that:
- New FM All the World's a Stage by Rantako.
- I'll be awarding Rantako a Komag DVD of choice as a sort of "semi-prize" for being the default winner of the failed contest.
- I'm very disappointed that Contest 7 fell apart like this. What went wrong? Is the Thief community losing interest/heart? Is T3Ed just too hard to get running or too unfriendly overall for most people? Is the community split between T3 and classic Thief (1/G/2)? I even adjusted the rules and size limits according to what many people wanted after Contest 6, but to no avail it seems. Whatever the causes, there won't be another contest for a long time to come.
- But don't lose all hope, there are some great projects in the works for Thief 3! Just check out the Upcoming page to feast your eyes on what's still promising to be a bright future for T3ed :-)
Feb 20, 2006
- New Upcoming FM "Bad Feeling" by Serge - looks like a great city mission!
Feb 15, 2006 - A Zillion Screenshots!
- First of all, be sure to work on your C7 missions for a couple more weeks! Please don't give up or quit, we really can use a few entries to help fill out the contest!!!
- New FM Creature Clash Thief 3 v2 by Dark Arrow (This is a re-release of his C6 mission with some added stuff.)
- I've filled out the Upcoming page with over a 100 screenshots, culled from the past year of editing. (That's right, T3Ed is nearing its one year anniversary!)
The screenshot pages all have a narrow column of thumbnails on the left, and will show pics up to 800 pixels wide in the main window. If the original pic is larger, a reduced pic will be shown and you will have the option to see the high res version by clicking on the reduced one.
All you authors to whom the shots belong, let me know if the status of your mission is different than I have guessed. Also, I can easily set you up to have an individual password which will allow you to manage your own page, adding or removing screenshots as you like, as your mission progresses.
If there are any other screens of T3 FMs in the works that I don't have here, let me know and I'll try to get them up right away, thanks!
Jan 29, 2006 - Contest 7 - Four Weeks Left!
- There's still time for you to start a new Contest 7 mission! I made "Defender of the Crown" in just over a week last time, so I KNOW you all can pull something good together in the four weeks that remain until the March 1st deadline.
- There won't be another contest for a long time, so don't miss your chance!
- Added a nice new title graphic, made by Dustin Cumming, thanks!
Dec 5, 2005 - New Mission!
- New FM Escape From Castle Black by Bho
- Added some Author information (still incomplete and sketchy though)
November 29, 2005
- I've updated all the contest missions with non-anonymous readme.txts. Also, "The Crypt" has had its end credits movie restored, which had been removed during the contest because it gave away the author's name.
November 28, 2005 - Contest 6 Results!
- After working on it 14 hours straight yesterday and another 6 hours today, I've finally finished processing and preparing the Contest 6 Results!!! Congrats to the big winner Norbik for "The Crypt"!
- Browse the results tables, see all the different orders of things as you click headers, read the reviews, and enjoy!
- Then, after you've had your fill, start planning your Contest 7 mission! Yes, don't be left behind this time, join the next contest and vie for the GLORY!
- FYI, Contest 7 will be the last one for a while, perhaps even a year or more, so don't miss it!
- PS, will all C6 Authors please send me an updated readme.txt for your missions, so I can replace the anonymous ones and re-release the missions. Thanks.
November 21, 2005 - VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
- You only have four (4!) days left to Vote on the Contest 6 Missions! We're up to 28 votes at this point, and I KNOW there are at least a dozen of you out there that have played the contest missions but didn't vote yet! Please do the right thing, sacrifice a few brief minutes, and excercise your democratic right to Vote!
- By the way, I've gone and made a new website. Hopefully you've noticed :-D
- All things related to Thief 3 and The Dark Mod will be housed here. All things related to Thief 1, Gold, 2, T2X, etc, will be housed at The Keep of Metal and Gold.
- Both sites combined represent the "Complete Thief Fan Mission Archive" denoted in the websites' title graphics.
November 10, 2005 - Please VOTE!
- Be sure to remember to Vote on the Contest 6 Missions! You have two weeks left! I only have 19 votes at this point, far under the 50+ for the last contest. Please take a few minutes and Vote!
November 9, 2005 - Tutorial Update
- KomagTutT3 updated to pre14 (93%)
- The tutorial is nearly finished now. I have to finish a few sections, format the end sections, and add all the remaining screenshots and summaries.
- Also updated is the Online Version of the tutorial. It's exactly the same, so you won't miss anything if you can't do the download.
November 2, 2005 - Tutorial Update!
- KomagTutT3 updated to pre13 (90%)
- There are now screenshots sprinkled throughout about half of the text to help you see what I'm talking about! More to come later.
- I've also started adding a brief summary at the beginning of each small section, to give you a super quick preview of what you'll be doing. The summaries could also be used as reminders after you've already worked through the tuturial once, or for advanced users who don't need the step by step help.
- The tutorial is in both Microsoft Word 2003 doc format and Adobe PDF format, both included in the download.
- I'm also testing out an Online Version of the tutorial. Let me know if there are any problems, thanks!
October 30, 2005 - CONTEST 7!!!
- I'm starting Contest 7 today! You have about four months until the deadline, much larger working space, and easier rules! See the Contest 7 page for all the details!
- Contest 6 is not over yet, be sure to play the missions and vote!
October 27, 2005
- I've added all the Thief 3 missions released thus far to the FM Archive, for your direct downloading pleasure!
- Updated the Essentials (now Downloads) page to include GarrettLoader
October 25, 2005 - CONTEST 6 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!
- Contest 6 Missions are out! See the Contest 6 page for all the details!
- Download and print out the helpful Contest 6 Pre-Voting Form. You can use this form to help you keep track of your ratings and thoughts as you play the missions.
- Download and install the latest GarrettLoader program to play missions with.
- Play all the missions!
- When you're ready, go to the Voting Page to rate the Contest 6 Missions!   (Rating them in GarrettLoader won't contribute to the contest results.)
- And the missions are...(drum roll...)...
- Creature Clash Thief 3
- The Crypt
- Defender of the Crown
- Forgotten Stash
- Starting From Scratch
- You can also get the Contest 6 missions on CD, along with all the previous Thief 3 FMs and the latest GarrettLoader as well! You can either send me a blank CD and return packaging/postage (see Komag DVDs page for address and general instructions), or you can donate just $3.50 via Paypal below.
I'll send these anywhere in the world! In the US it will take probably only a couple or a few days to get it, international may take a week or two.
Email me if there are any problems. HAVE FUN!!!
October 9, 2005
- Contest 6 Beta's are due! But I'm not going to be strict with this deadline, so if you are trying to pull things togeter and make it GarrettLoader ready and having troubles and it takes a few days, no problem.
- When it's ready, you can upload files to me via FTP with the following settings:
- You can upload files to the "incoming" folder, but you won't see anything there, including the file you just uploaded, so just trust it's there or check with me to make sure I got it.
- If you are having FTP problems you can also try uploading to Jason Tibbits (ThiefMissions.com) and I'll get it from him. Or you can always host the file on your own webspace or on one of the free file hosting services out there.
- Keep working on your missions even after getting your beta's ready, you still have another week till the deadline! Please email me if you have any concerns at all about finishing on time, I'll try to work with you and help everyone so we can have a great contest public release in two weeks!
September 27, 2005
- Contest 6 delayed two weeks! See the Contest 6 page for details. Betas now due Oct 9, finals due Oct 16, then public release will be Oct 23.
- If you have ANYTHING in the works, please work hard and at least make it playable! At this point we're not looking for awesome perfect missions, just something to play and have a little fun with. There is even time to make a very simple mission start to finish, which would be very welcome. So decide now, be convinced, and DO IT!!!
- GarrettLoader has been updated to v1.12 recently to help make playing missions easier as well, so be sure to make use of that. See the ttlg.com Thief forums for more details on GarrettLoader, especiall THIS thread
July 25, 2005 - CONTEST 6 BEGINS!!!
- Contest 6 has begun! See the Contest 6 page for all the juicy details and rules, size limit, prizes, etc.
- I strongly encourage anyone and everyone to join in the contest! Please support the long and hard fought release of the Thief 3 editing tools by diving in and using them for a contest submission! This will really boost the T3Ed community and ensure a strong future for Thief in general.
- I'm back home in Boston from being in Seattle at a long family reunion, so I can now resume work on finishing up the tutorial soon.
July 7, 2005 - Tutorial Update, C6 July 25!
- KomagTutT3 updated to pre12 (85%)
- Due to the tutorial entering the final phases, I am cementing the official Contest 6 start date as July 25th, no delays!
At that time I'll announce the precise map size limits and other rules, but you can start gearing up, work through the tutorial, plan your story, map mechanics, etc. The map size will be small, but not tiny, if that helps.
- So, in other words, you may officially begin! At east you can do the early starting stuff! Go to it!!! See the Contest 6 page for more details.
June 28, 2005 - Large Tutorial Update
- KomagTutT3 updated to pre11 (75%)
It's in the home stretch now, I can feel it!
June 21, 2005 - Tutorial Update
- KomagTutT3 updated to pre10 (65%)
From now on the .doc file is being make using Word 2003, so the formatting (especially numbering/lettering) should be more reliable. Let me know if things look funky or messed up, thanks.
June 10, 2005 - Tutorial Update
- KomagTutT3 updated to pre09 (60%)
This update also includes a major formatting overhaul, breaking instructions down better and making things much easier to follow. Hope you like it!
June 8, 2005 - Tutorial Update
- KomagTutT3 updated to pre08 (55%)
June 4, 2005 - Tutorial Update
- KomagTutT3 updated to pre07 (45%)
Be aware that I'm not just adding to the end of the tutorial each time, but I often will rework earlier sections or include bits and peices here and there, sometimes rearranging whole sections for better flow or other reasons.
June 3, 2005 - Tutorial Update
- KomagTutT3 updated to pre06 (40%)
June 2, 2005 - Tutorial Update, C6 Soon!
- Get your updated KomagTutT3 now! I feel I'm about 1/3 done (33%). I wasn't able to work on it for a long time due to real life stuff, but I'm "in the zone" now and hope to finish it within a couple weeks.
- Contest 6 will begin soon after the tutorial is finished, probaby starting in early July. Exciting times!
May 16, 2005
- Contest 6 (TDS) is postponed until further notice - I will be working on and finishing my T3ed tutorial first, then the contest will resume with a new start date. Sorry about the delay!
February 26, 2005
- I have started work on a new tutorial KomagTutT3.
It is a work in progress, currently only going through setting up the editor with a dual-installation. Check back often to get the latest version - you can see the version number in the Tutorials section to the left here on the front page.
- I have added a NoCD file for Thief: Deadly Shadows on the Essentials (now Downloads) page. If you use this to play a pirated copy of Thief 3 I WILL hunt you down and steal everything you own!
February 23, 2005 - TDS Editor!!! Contest 6!
- Huge News! The editing tools for Thief: Deadly Shadows have been released!!! Download from FilePlanet, or FileFront, or via BitTorrent, or from Shadowdark
- In conjuction with the big news, I'm announcing Contest 6! After 3 months of learning the new editor, Contest 6 will start on May 25th and continue for 2 months until July 25th when the entries will be due. I will announce the exact rules and size limiations and such on May 25th (to avoid any unfair head starts).
- Today is a good day for Thief fans! I'm personally very excited, as this will breath some great new life into the community and the game. Huzzah!
January 1, 2005 - Happy New Year!!!
- 2004 brought us ... Thief: Deadly Shadows - a great game with some flaws here and there. We're all keeping our fingers crossed for the release of the new editing tools, but it's not guaranteed.
March 17, 2004 - Thief: Deadly Shadows Petition!
- Thief: Deadly Shadows (FKA Thief 3) is due for release in a couple months, and word from company employees is that if we fans make a good enough showing, they will reconsider releasing a fan mission editor for the game! You know what that means?
WE MUST UNITE! (www.thiefpetition.com)
I'm serious folks, this is exactly what influenced LGS to initially release Dromed back in 1999 - a strong public showing via petition.
So please, take about 2 to 4 minutes and SIGN THE PETITION!!! This is a serious petition that WILL get real results - so far we already have around 500 signatures. If we can get over 1000 signatures in the next couple months our chances of seeing an editor for TDS become very good!
Links (removed): Petition Campaign Headquarters, The Petition itself